If you have a question about Open Day 2023 or about studying at ANU, get in touch.
Our Future Student Experience team is ready to take your call.
- 1800 620 032 (within Australia)
- +61 2 6125 7257 (outside Australia)
Getting to ANU
1. Can I get to Open Day by public transport?
Yes, there are bus stops adjacent to ANU campus along Barry Drive and Marcus Clarke St. ANU campus is also a short walk from the city and citywest bus interchanges and the lightrail.
2. Will there be parking available on ANU during Open Day?
Yes, there are many parking options available at ANU. Baldessin parking station and all outdoor parking areas will be free of charge. Underground parking in the Kambri precinct is free for the first 3 hours.
3. I have accessibility requirements. Will I be able to get support if required?
If you have an accessibility requirement please contact us before the day so we can support you.
Travelling from interstate
1. I am not driving. Can I travel to Canberra another way?
Yes, you can travel to Canberra by bus, train or by air.
2. Is there preferred accommodation?
There are many accommodation options available within a short distance to ANU campus.
Canberra Accommodation Centre on Northbourne Ave is offering ANU Open Day attendees a 10% discount on accommodation. The hotel is a short ride on the light rail from ANU campus.
3. I am visiting Canberra for the weekend. What else can I do?
Discover the Canberra Balloon Spectacular, a feature of the Enlighten Festival. Witness the balloons lift off and drift across the dawn sky.
Immerse yourself in cultural institutions such as the National Museum of Australia, Questacon and the Australian War Memorial to name a few.
Something more adventurous? Try the Canberra Aqua Park or Stromlo Forest Park. Or delight in a foodie wonderland.
Open Day ticketing and in-person attendance
1. Do I need a ticket to attend campus for Open Day?
Yes, you need to register for General Admission if you want to attend campus in-person. We recommend that you register before 18 March.
2. Does my General Admission ticket give me access to the scheduled information sessions?
Yes, your General Admission ticket will give you access to main scheduled information sessions.
3. Will my tickets be checked?
Yes, you will need to show your ticket and check-in when you enter campus. There will be two locations to check-in on University Avenue.
4. Will I be able to access the information sessions if the venue is at capacity?
Yes, if you are attending Open Day in-person you will be able to view all live streaming sessions via a screen set up in the Kambri precinct. Information sessions will also be live streamed on the Open Day website and recorded and available at a later stage.
5. Can I register for general admission on the day?
Yes, you can register for general admission on the day. Signage will help direct you in registering on the day, and our team will be available to assist you where needed.
6. What if I am unwell on the day?
If you are unwell, please do not attend the Open Day event on campus. You can view our livestream and on-demand content online.
7. What if a family member is unwell on the day?
If your family member is unwell, they should not attend the Open Day event on campus. They can view our livestream and on-demand content online.
If you are well, you are still able to attend the Open Day event on campus.
8. How do I know where to go once I’m at Open Day?
You will receive a program and map when you check in at Open Day. Signage will help direct you on the day, and our team will be available to assist you where needed.
You can also access wayfinding pins for each activity through the Open Day website.
9. Who do I talk to if I need help on the day?
There will be an information booth in the Kambri precinct, and ANU staff across campus will be available to assist you where needed.
10. Can I get free Wifi Access on Open Day?
Yes, free Wi-Fi will be available to all attendees. Login details will be provided in the program and on signage in Kambri.
11. Where can I get something to eat?
There are many food vendors in the Kambri precinct that will be open on the day.
1. Will there be tours of the accommodation buildings?
Yes, there will be tours of the accommodation buildings. A bus service will be provided to help you navigate between buildings.
2. Will there be tours of campus, including where my classes might be?
Yes, there will be tours available throughout the day of the campus and different academic precincts.
3. Where can I find information about Open Day activities?
The Open Day website will detail all information sessions, tours and activities happening on campus. A program will be provided in the registration pack with a map and guide to information sessions in Kambri.
4. Will I be able to plan a tailored schedule of my Open Day activities beforehand?
Yes, you can use the ‘Add to calendar’ feature on our website for each activity.
5. Will I be able to speak to someone regarding the program I want to take?
Yes, there will be informational booths with ANU representatives from each academic area available to answer your questions.
6. What if I don’t know what program to study, who do I talk to?
All academic areas will have information booths where you can talk to ANU staff or student ambassadors about your area of interest and study options available to you.
7. Who should I talk to if I can’t decide what to apply for?
Visit our academic information booths and talk to ANU staff and student ambassadors about your areas of interest.
8. Can I get some help at Open Day with finishing my application?
Yes, visit the Applications Lab in Chifley Library where our staff can guide you through the application process.
9. Will I be able to speak to any student support services?
Yes, representatives from student support services will be available to answer your questions.
1. Will I be required to wear a mask?
Masks are no longer required to be worn at ANU events or commercial premises. You may choose to wear a mask, particularly in situations where it is difficult to maintain physical distancing.
2.Will I get the same Open Day experience if I’m unable to make it to Canberra due to illness?
You will be able to access the live stream information sessions on the ANU Open Day website. You will also be able to access on-demand video content.